The NZTA has announced their option for the SH20 Waterview Connection.
The newly proposed route and construction method is poorly constructed and devastating for communities along it's path and the environment.
The price and costing as quoted by the government for this new route is very disingenuous to say the least.
We now need to get out and fight for the survival of our communities and that of the environment.
1. Attend the Supercity Hikoi on Monday 25 May. 12 noon start at Britomart. Walk up Queen St under the SH20 – Tunnel or Nothing" banner. We are hoping to secure speaking rights at the rally. If you work in central Auckland – please join us.
2. Attend the Mt Albert By-election candidates Forum on Monday 25 May at 12 noon. Being held at Unitec at The Hub (by the library). All welcome and questions will be taken from the floor.
3. Attend the Avondale Community Board Meeting on Tuesday 26 May at 6.30pm. Speak in the SH20 public forum. This is the community's opportunity to have it's say on the new route. No appointment is needed. The meeting is apparently being attended by Geoff Dangerfield, the CEO of NZTA.
4. Keep sending yellow postcards to the PM and Minister of Transport. The Minister of Transport has received over 1,000 postcards. We have printed yellow postcards pre-addressed to the Prime Minister, so now it's his turn to get inundated. Distribute them and post them off. Please contact us by email to organise pickup.
5. Attend the NZTA Open Days. June 2, 3.30pm – 8.30pm, Owairaka Primary School. June 3, 3.30pm – 8.30pm, Waterview Methodist Church, Fir St
6. Attend the NZTA Information Days. June 20, 10am – 3pm, Waterview Methodist Church, Fir St. July 4, 10am – 3pm, Avondale Community Centre, Rosebank Rd
8. Keep Saturday 6th June free to attend The Waterview Connection Hikoi / Walk
A community-friendly, family-friendly, environmentally-friendly event.